Further Information and How to Apply
Your application to the Mercers’ Company is an application to all the charities that are under its trusteeship, including The Mercers’ Charitable Foundation, The Charity of Sir Richard Whittington and The Earl of Northampton’s Charity. Do not make separate applications.
Size of grants
We have no formal limit on the size of the application we can consider, however our Recent Grants listing will give you an indication of the current range of our grants. Applications significantly out of this range are unlikely to receive the full amount requested.
Time scale of applications
Your completed application will receive a letter of acknowledgement including the date of the committee meeting at which it will be considered. We will inform you of the outcome of your application within two weeks of this committee date.
In addition to our programme specific exclusions, we also have several general exclusions that we do not consider for funding. These are:
Animal welfare charities
Loans or business finance
Sponsorship or marketing appeals and fundraising events
Campaigning work and projects that are primarily political
Activities that are the responsibility of the local, health or education authority or other similar body
Activities that have already taken place
Organisations that are themselves principally grant-makers; and
General or mailshot appeals.
How to apply:
- Complete our online application form
- Note that a partially completed form can be saved and completed at a later date: Retrieve a partially completed form
- Send us your Supporting Documents, by e-mail to email@example.com:
- A Project Plan for the the funding proposal (template)
- Your organisation’s most recent statutory report and accounts (produced not later than 10 months after the end of the financial year)
- A COPY of your organisation’s bank statement, dated within the last three months (to confirm your bank details